Monday, October 20, 2008

Insane loans

I went to the bank to organize the payments of my car today.

A year ago I paid 16.000 every month. Now it´s 35.000. The car costs more now than when I "bought" it three years ago. The bank is going to let me pay 19.000 of the car for the next four months but after that... it´s 35.000 or even more... or less, depending on what happens with the currency.

I am not the only one having this experience. If an earthquake happens, everyone is going to be aware of it. The most uncomfortable part of this is the fact that at the end of this month, a lot of people are going to be loosing their jobs to. Great! Higher loans and less money, at the same time. Just what I was hoping for.

It feels so strange that all these people here are having to go through this trouble because of a failed government and a few individuals with an unhealthy taste for risk taking.

So we have been thinking of a revolution. But how does a revolution take place in the year of 2008?

I don't think it's going to be "crazy people running in the streets with torches and forks"... a modern revolution must be more quiet. And happen differently... but I am not sure how, not yet.

No comments: